It is easy to overlook the losses our kids are enduring these days. In this episode of Breaking Bread, Craig Stickling highlights what many of our kids are experiencing as their lives have been put on hold during these days of COVID-19. Fortunately, parents are equipped with a few helpful tools to minister to their losses.
Some tools for the toolset:
- Acknowledge their loss. Don’t down-play it.
- Kids have had limited experience. Bring perspective.
- Connect with their loss. Resist shifting the focus to yourself.
- They will be fearful. Help them express it.
- They will be frustrated. Help them channel it.
- They will be scattered. Help them focus.
- They will be absorbed in the present. Help them see the future.